Fake It Til You Make It




Hey Honey!

Can I talk to you for a second?

I just want to take a moment to let you know how proud of you I am. You've decided to turn your dream into a reality and that is HUGE!!

I know how hard it is to jump out there and do something that others are telling you not to. I just want to let you know that I believe in you and I support you.

May I offer you a small piece of advice?

I know that when you are just starting out you have visions of being a “major corporation” but you feel as if you are a “mom & pop” store.

FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT HONEY!

Come out the gate as if you are already where you want to be. In order for other people to take you seriously, you have to first take yourself seriously.

When someone contacts you about your business or service, even if they are family/friends, be professional.  

You know how loved ones can be. They always want something for the FREE.99

I’m not saying that you have to charge a million dollars, but don’t sell yourself short either. Your time is valuable.

They won’t treat your business as a business if you aren't treating your business as a business.

One last piece of advice before I let you go…

Invest in your business!! Get the proper tools needed to do what you do.

If you are a makeup artist, then invest in some great makeup brushes and eye shadow palettes.

If you are a hair dresser then get an amazing flat iron, blow dryer, and curling wand. Whatever tools you need to get the job done.

You may not be able to get everything you need at one time and that’s fine. Get something this paycheck. Ask for this item for your anniversary. Put this item on your Christmas wish list. Slow and steady wins the race!

Take a class or two to help you develop your craft. Stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques of your industry.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me and if I can help you in any way just let me know.


Team work makes the dream work.

-Stacie Stiletto

6 comments:

  1. aww thanks! I felt like you wrote that for me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Kera!

      Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I'm glad that you felt a personal connection. How were your holidays? Any new business ventures for 2015? I will help any way that I can, just let me know.

      -Stacie

      Delete
  2. This is such great advice! That is definitely what you have to do to suceed in this world!

    Bree
    Quirky, Brown Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you should join a networking group that I am a part of. It is called Bloggers Like Me and the ladies on there run very successful blogs! It is definitely what keeps me motivated to keep blogging! Go to blmgirls.com. Also, happy holidays!

    Bree
    Quirky, Brown Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Bree!

      I appreciate the info for the networking group. I will be sure to check them out when I get home tonight. Definitely what I need to get a jump start on 2015!!

      -Stacie

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future. it hjælp

    ReplyDelete