The Liebster Award

I am on cloud 9 right now!!! I received my first blog nomination from Brittany Penny, the brilliant mind behind www.trulybeiconic.com



My blog officially launched September of 2014. I had been researching blog information all summer long trying to decide if I was actually going to blog or not. I made the decision to just jump out there and learn as I go. I did that because I knew that if I didn’t I would never get started. What a journey this has been!

For those that don’t know, The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers (with 1k or less followers) in recognition by other bloggers. Upon being nominated (tagged on Instagram) you have to answer 11 questions of the nominators choosing and then nominate 11 other bloggers (notify them through Instagram) to answer the 11 questions of your choosing and so on and so on.

I appreciate those of you who take the time to check out my posts here on the site and for following me on social media. Your support means the world to me!

Here are my answers to the questions Brittany from www.trulybeiconic.com asked:

   1.     How did you come up with your blog name?

Stacie Stiletto has been a part of me for as far back as I can remember. When I was younger I would name my dolls and my Barbies “Stacie”.  During my teen years when I would be out with friends and guys would approach us we would all give a fake name. Mine of course was always “Stacie”.

Paring Stacie with Stiletto just feels right. I love Stilettos. My love for stilettos began with my first Barbie. She came with a hot pink pair of stilettos. Every Barbie I got after that came with stilettos, and my mother wore stilettos like it was nobody’s business. I just knew that when I grew up stilettos were going to be MY LIFE.

   2.     Why did you start your blog?
I use to host a mini show on facebook Monday-Friday from 4-5pm. I would consume your newsfeed for one hour about my thoughts feelings and ideas.  When my schedule changed and I was unable to do the show… I received messages from everyone (even strangers) asking when the show was coming back.

I also receive a ton of messages from people asking about relationships, how to spice things up, how to deal with different situations, and different date ideas.

With family, co-workers, and certain Facebook restrictions on my page I was unable to fully be me. I always felt “boxed in” and censored. I would often have to tone down my personality and I hated it.
Stacie Stiletto is where I can truly be me, unapologetic, uncensored,  and free.

3. What do you love most about blogging?

So far the thing that I love most about blogging is the connections that I am making with other bloggers and the interactions with my readers. I honestly was not expecting anyone to really take notice or care about what I had to say when I first started. I was shocked when my page views and subscribers began to grow. I was in tears when I received emails from people saying how my post made them think about situations differently.

4. What is your favorite blog post?

That’s a tough one… it’s a tie between I'm More Than Just A Rental and Fake It Til You Make It.

5. What are some of your goals this year?

My goal for 2015 is to give it my all. I want to see where this can take me. I don’t want to half ass it and then wonder later if I would have done what I am supposed to do where would I be.
I plan to “take chances, make mistakes and get messy!” –Ms. Frizzle

6. What is your favorite store and why?

Hobby Lobby is my favorite store!! I am a huge crafter. Glitter and mod podge and hot glue, OH MY! Hobby Lobby just speaks to my soul. 

7. Boots or booties?

Depends…. Are they Stiletto boots and booties?

8. What is your go-to makeup brand and why?

I am a big fan of Black Radiance. Their Color Perfect Liquid Foundation is the bees knees! The reason why I like it is because it gives you DIAMONDS for a GLITTER budget.

9. If offered a million dollars, what would you do with the money?

  ·        Repair my credit

  ·        Buy some land

  ·        Build a 4 bedroom house on that land

  ·        Start a non-profit organization for battered women and/or teens

  ·        Put the rest in the bank for a rainy day

10. What is your greatest accomplishment?

My greatest accomplishment (so far) is becoming a preschool teacher.

11. Who are your inspirations in life?

My inspirations in life are people who are doing positive things, people who give back to the community, and people who are trying to make a difference in the world.

I would like to nominate:












   1.    What made you start blogging?

   2.    What is one tip that you would give a new blogger?

   3.    What are your blogging goals?

   4.    When do you blog? (mornings, afternoons, nights)

   5.    Have you been to any blogging conferences?

   6.    What would be the perfect blogging opportunity for you?

   7.    What blogger would you most like to work with?

   8.    Do you plan to do any giveaways?

   9.    They say strangers will support you more than people you know… has that been your experience?

  10.                       How do you come up with ideas for new blog posts?

  11.                       What is the most difficult thing you have encountered blogging?


No comments:

Post a Comment